In this weeks video health tip, Dr. Samir Hajariwala, director of Crossroads Chiropractic, takes a look at some ways to improve your blood flow.
Did you know your body holds about 60,000 miles of blood vessels, carrying blood to every corner of your body?
When your circulation is poor, it slows or blocks the blood flow and the cells in your body cannot get all the oxygen and nutrients they need.
Here are some ways you can improve your circulation.
1. Drink Water: Since blood is about half water, you need to stay hydrated to keep it moving.
2. Eat More Plants and Less Meat: Eating lots of fruits & vegetables, and staying away from saturated fats that can be found in red meat will help keep your weight in a healthy range, your cholesterol and blood pressure in check, and your arteries clear.
3. Quit Smoking: Nicotine is the active ingredient in cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, and smokeless tobacco, causing harm to the walls of your arteries and thickening your blood.
4. Yoga: Yoga is a low-impact exercise that brings oxygen to your cells and when you twist, it sends blood to your organs.
5. Aerobic Exercise: Running, biking, walking and swimming take more oxygen and get your blood pumping, make your heart stronger, and lower your blood pressure.
6. Regular Chiropractic Care: Chiropractic adjustments relieve pressure from nerves, which encourages blood to flow more freely.
Remember you and your family can be as healthy as can be, and it’s never too soon to start receiving chiropractic care. Your best source for everything health is your chiropractor. It’s never too early or late to see the team at Crossroads Chiropractic. Visit Sharpsburg Chiropractor, Crossroads Chiropractic regularly and make sure your nervous system is functioning 100%.
If you are watching this video on our YouTube Channel please subscribe, and if you are watching this video on our website and have not already done so, click here to add your name and email address to the form on this page.